Integrimi Evropian

European Integration

Minister Hoxha requires increased commitment to SAA

June 12, 2018

Prishtina, 12 June 2018 – At the meeting of the Cabinet, Minister of European Integration, Dhurata Hoxha, presented the state of implementation of the National Programme for Stabilization and Association Agreement (SAA) during the first quarter of this year, based on the report drafted by the Ministry of European Integration in cooperation with responsible institutions.


“For this year, this Programme has foreseen the implementation of 531 short-term measures, of which 144, or about 27% of them, are legislative measures, while the other 387 measures, or about 73% of them, are implementing measures” emphasized Minister Hoxha, adding that a total Programme implementation rate of 53.85% was achieved during the first quarter.


Minister Hoxha noted that 21 of the 39 measures planned for this quarter have been implemented, while the remaining 18 measures, or 46.15% of them, have not yet been implemented. In addition, the Minister noted, 23 measures have been implemented ahead of planned deadlines.


A total of 44 measures were implemented by the end of the first quarter, accounting for 8.29% of the 531 planned measures.


With regard to the implementation of legislative reforms, the Minister noted, the findings show that we have achieved an implementation rate of 13.89% since 20 out of 144 short-term legislative measures planned for the whole year have been implemented, while 124 measures, or 86.11% of them, have not yet been implemented.


With regard to the implementation of the measures, the findings show that, by the end of March, an implementation rate of 6.20% has been achieved since 24 out of 387 short-term planned measures have been implemented, while 363 measures, or 93.8% of them, have not yet been implemented”, said Minister Hoxha.


During this quarter, the Ministry of Integration has organized the regular meetings of the Executive Commissions on European Integration and of the Working Committee on European Integration, attended by all responsible institutions, in order to ensure the full and timely implementation of the measures foreseen in the framework of the Programme, emphasized Minister Hoxha.


Also, Minister Hoxha presented a summary of key reforms to be implemented and of those that require greater attention by the end of the second quarter. The key reforms that need to be implemented are the following: Adoption of the Law on Infrastructure and Spatial Information; Review of the Strategy and Action Plan on Modernization of Public Administration; Adoption of revised Action Plan on Renewable Energy Sources; KIESA’s restructuring and further development of its capacities; KOS-CERT Membership in the Global Security Forum ‘FIRST’; Preparation for publication of Supply and Use Tables (SUT) for the reference year 2014 in the field of statistics; Drafting of new subject programs for the 3rd, 8th, 12th grades in Albanian language as well as subject program of Albanian language for the 3rd grade for non-Albanian (Serb, Bosniak, Roma, Ashkali, Egyptian and Turkish) students in all schools throughout the country; and the implementation of subject curricula for preschools and grades 1, 2, 7, 6, 10, 11 in all schools throughout the country.

Last modified: August 9, 2022

3 Responses to " Minister Hoxha requires increased commitment to SAA "

  1. … [Trackback]

    […] Read More Information here to that Topic: […]

  2. … [Trackback]

    […] Read More Information here on that Topic: […]

  3. … [Trackback]

    […] Read More to that Topic: […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *