Structures for EI in line institutions
Departments for European Integration and Policy Coordination / contact points for European integration in line institutions
In order to coordinate the process of European integration at the level of line institutions, the Departments for European Integration and Policy Coordination (DIEPC), namely the contact points for European integration, operate in these institutions.
Since the line institutions are responsible for the implementation of reforms for EU integration within the scope of their legal mandate, the DIEPCs / contact points for European integration exercise the functions of coordinating the pillars of European integration in the relevant policy areas. In addition to the European integration process, they also coordinate within their institutions the planning and monitoring of the Government’s policies, including related to its work plan and development cooperation. DIEPCs function in the vast majority of ministries, and in some of the ministries their functions have been merged with similar functions in departments with a wider scope.
The Departments for European Integration and Policy Coordination were established through the Government Regulation no. 01/2011 on Departments for European Integration and Policy Coordination in the Ministries, approved on March 18, 2011.
In the context of the European integration process, the Departments for European Integration and Policy Coordination are organizational units of the ministries which are responsible for the coordination of this process within the scope of their mandate. Within the scope of the relevant ministry, each DIEPC exercises this function through:
- Ensuring the compliance of the ministry’s policies, strategies and plans with EU standards;
- Coordination of the work within the scope of the ministry in the drafting of the main national documents for the implementation of reforms for EU integration;
- Monitoring the implementation of the reforms foreseen by the main national documents for the implementation of reforms for EU integration that are under the responsibility of the ministry; and
- Coordinating the work within the scope of the ministry related to the reform dialogue with the EU through the respective joint institutional structures and monitoring the implementation of the reforms agreed through them;
- Coordination of work within the scope of the ministry related to the national inter-institutional coordinating structures for European integration.
DIEPC is also responsible for the coordination of development assistance from the EU and other bilateral and multilateral development partners within the scope of the ministry, in harmony with the EU integration framework and priorities.
In addition, DIEPC cooperates with the relevant units of the ministry to ensure the connection of policy reforms with the process of aligning of national legislation with the relevant Acquis and communication and information related to the process of European integration within the scope of the ministry.
As for the internal organization, most DIEPCs consist of two divisions: the European integration division and the policy coordination division. The European Integration Division is responsible for the European integration component.
On the other hand, the contact points for European integration work mainly in independent institutions and other public institutions outside the Government. Similar to the DIEPCs, they exercise their functions through the duties and responsibilities outlined above. As for the internal organization, these structures are mainly part of the institution’s units that have similar or comparable functions.
List of DIEPCs / European integration contact points
- Ministry of Local Government Administration| Department for European Integration and Policy Coordination
- Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation| Department for European Integration, Policy Coordination and Legal Affairs
- Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Rural Development| Department for European Integration and Policy Coordination
- Ministry of Justice| Department for European Integration and Policy Coordination
- Ministry of Economy| Department for European Integration and Policy Coordination
- Ministry of Finance, Labor and Transfers|Department for European Integration and Policy Coordination
- Ministry of Industry, Entrepreneurship and Trade|Department for European Integration and Policy Coordination
- Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports|Department for European Integration and Policy Coordination
- Ministry of Communities and Returns| Department for Policy Planning and Analysis
- Ministry of Defense| Department for Planning and Evaluation
- Ministry of Environment, Spatial Planning and Infrastructure|Department for European Integration and Policy Coordination
- Ministry of Internal Affairs|Department for European Integration and Policy Coordination
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Diaspora| Department for Europe, EU and the Region
- Ministry of Health|Department for European Integration and Policy Coordination
- Ministry of Regional Development| Department for European Integration and Policy Coordination
- Office of the Prime Minister| Office for Coordination of the Stabilization-Association Process
- Civil Aviation Authority| Department of International Cooperation and Economic Regulation
- Academy of Justice| Programs Department
- Information and Privacy Agency| Department for Personal Data Protection
- Kosovo Agency for Energy Efficiency| Planning Sector
- Kosovo Property Comparison and Verification Agency| Information Office
- Kosovo Competition Authority| Market Supervision Department
- Kosovo Agency for Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety| Sector for Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety
- Anti-Corruption Agency| Department for Combating Corruption
- Privatization Agency of Kosovo| Department of Marketing, Public Relations and Investors
- Regulatory Authority of Electronic and Postal Communications| Department of Electronic Communications
- Railway Regulatory Authority| Legal / Licensing Department
- Water Services Regulatory Authority| Inspection Unit
- Kosovo Agency of Statistics| Department for Policy, Planning and Coordination
- Tax Administration of Kosovo| International Relations Division
- Food and Veterinary Agency| Directorate of the Inspectorate
- Central Bank of Kosovo| Department of Foreign Relations
- Kosovo Customs| Sector for International Relations and European Integration
- Kosovo Fund for Energy Efficiency| Sector for Operations
- Constitutional Court| Office for Communication and Information
- Ombudsperson Institution| Office for International Relations
- Kosovo Judicial Council| Office for European Integration
- Kosovo Prosecutorial Council| Secretariat
- Independent Media Commission| Department of Monitoring and Analysis
- Central Election Commission| Secretariat
- Public Procurement Regulatory Commission| Monitoring Department
- Assembly of the Republic of Kosovo| European Integration Coordination Unit
- Procurement Review Body| Secretariat
- National Audit Office| Department for Communication and International Cooperation
- Energy Regulatory Office| Managing Director